“Life is like a landscape.
You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance.”
- Charles Lindbergh (US aviator)
As Shanghai’s first prestigious bilingual magazine, Vantage Shanghai is the only magazine of its kind based in Shanghai, now covering the whole of the Yangtze Delta region with a comprehensive distribution network. Intelligent, original and forward-thinking are three of the best words to describe our identity.
With its rich cultural coverage, thought-provoking special reports and revealing interviews, Vantage Shanghai stands apart from other luxury and lifestyle magazines. We believe that the prestige we represent is not defined merely by sumptuous appearance and material wealth, but also in terms of inspiring ideas, and life changing experiences.
Vantage Shanghai stands as a cultural icon within an international metropolis. We record the changes in city life around us while viewing them from a global perspective. Within its pages, Chinese and Western culture and ideas interact and intertwine to create a magazine that informs and inspires!
- Vantage Shanghai started life as the Expo VIP magazine, the only official magazine for the Shanghai Expo 2010 that brought the best of Shanghai and China to visitors.
- Vantage Shanghai launched in the spring of 2011, becoming the first bilingual quality magazine in Shanghai committed to publishing informative and intelligent editorials for high end readers.
- As our magazine grew and matured over 2012, our circulation expanded from the initial 25,000 to reach nearly 100,000, covering key channels in Shanghai and surrounding areas such as 5 star hotels, private members clubs, premium residential compounds and priority banking customers.
- From January 2013, we will deepen our coverage of key cities of the affluent Yangtze Delta and the magazine will reveal a fresh new look. Our circulation reach 120,000 this year.
- In 2014 Vantage will further expand to other first tier cities as Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Chongqing, growing up from a local magazine into a leading nation wide publication.
Vantage Shanghai readers are a well-educated urban elite. They occupy senior management positions in large corporations or are successful business owners. They enjoy impressive levels of income and are willing to spend their earnings on things they consider worthwhile.
Our readers have a wide range of interests: an appreciation for art and design, experience of travel and adventure and their own definitions of luxury lifestyle. They are curious about the world they live in and strive to gain greater knowledge.